There are so many great dishes you can make with a braiser pan: Pasta with Braised Pork Ragu, Garlic Thyme Chicken Thighs, Braised Garlic Chicken Drumsticks, Braised Pork Tacos…the list goes on and on. A braiser pan gives you so many more cooking options, and this cold holiday season is the perfect time to try new recipes.
If you’re looking for a new braiser pan, check out the list below. We reviewed 10 of our favorite braiser pans, covering the pros and cons.
Table of Contents
- 1. Lodge Enameled Cast Iron Covered Casserole – 3 Quart
- 2. Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel 8 Quart Dutch Oven with Cover
- 3. Nordic Ware Pro Cast Traditions Braiser Pan – 12 inches
- 4. Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast Iron 5 Quart Round Braiser
- 5. Guy Fieri Light Weight Cast Iron 5 Quart Braiser Pan
- 6. Zelancio Cookware 3 Quart Enameled Cast Iron Casserole Dish with Lid
- 7. All-Clad 4400 Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Bonded Dishwasher Safe Braiser Pan with Domed Lid
- 8. Le Creuset Toughened Nonstick 2 ½ Quart Shallow Braiser Pan with Lid
- 9. Anolon Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel 4 Quart Braiser Pan
- 10. Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast Iron 3 ¾ Quart Round Braiser
1. Lodge Enameled Cast Iron Covered Casserole – 3 Quart
With a choice of either Caribbean Blue or Island Spice Red colors, this 3-quart Lodge Casserole dish also comes with a matching lid. It has a porcelain enameled surface and is built to last for many years of braising. It’s 11.75” in diameter and 2 1/8” deep. Oven safe to 500°F.
- Made in the USA
- Chip resistant and easy to clean
- Hand washing is recommended rather than dish washing
- Not for microwaves or outdoor grills
2. Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel 8 Quart Dutch Oven with Cover
This Calphalon Dutch Oven has an aluminum core in between stainless steel. It’s durable, easy to clean, and very large, with an 8-quart capacity. This braiser pan has two sturdy handles, and it comes with a glass lid with a metal handle. It’s 15.3” x 14.8” x 6.6” in size, and weighs about 5 lbs.
- Safe to use with all utensils, including metal ones
- Oven, stovetop, and dishwasher safe
- Glass lid may break or shatter with high oven temperatures
- Not a heavy-duty pan like cast iron
3. Nordic Ware Pro Cast Traditions Braiser Pan – 12 inches
This Nordic Ware cast aluminum braiser pan looks like cast iron, but without the weight. It comes with a thick lid and sturdy handles. It also has a nonstick coating, and the enamel exterior will not chip or rust.
- Doesn’t need to be seasoned like cast iron
- Made in the USA
- Problems have been reported with the nonstick coating deteriorating
- Can only be used with non-metal utensils
4. Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast Iron 5 Quart Round Braiser
The 5-quart round Le Creuset braiser pan comes in nine exterior colors with sand-colored interiors for any kitchen décor. They have a matching cast iron lid and thick cast iron handles. Cast iron is heavy, sturdy, durable, and good for up to 500°F in the oven. This braiser pan is 13.4” x 15.9” x 5.8” in size.
- Nice big size and versatile for many types of dishes
- Can go right from oven or stovetop to table
- Expensive and can’t go in the microwave or dishwasher
- Needs to be soaked before hand washing
5. Guy Fieri Light Weight Cast Iron 5 Quart Braiser Pan
This Guy Fieri brand cast iron double-handled pan is coated in colored enamel, which makes it lighter than regular cast iron. It also comes with a tempered glass lid that has a metal handle. It’s oven safe up to 400 degrees and is 16.3” x 12.1” x 6.7” in size.
- Comes in three colors—black, blue, or red
- Pre-seasoned, so you don’t have to season like traditional cast iron
- Not dishwasher safe, so you have to hand wash it
- Not as durable or long-lasting as traditional cast iron
6. Zelancio Cookware 3 Quart Enameled Cast Iron Casserole Dish with Lid
This lidded casserole dish from Zelancio comes in red, teal, or orange. It’s made of heavy-duty cast iron with a porcelain enamel exterior, cast iron side handles, a stainless steel knob on the lid, and condensation bumps on the lid interior. It’s 16.1” x 15.5” x 6.3” in size.
- Broiler and oven safe up to 500°F
- Durable, chip resistant, and sturdy cast iron construction
- Not microwave or dishwasher safe
- Don’t use metal utensils with cast iron or it will scratch
7. All-Clad 4400 Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Bonded Dishwasher Safe Braiser Pan with Domed Lid
If you’re looking for a versatile stainless steel pan, this All-Clad braiser is great. It is a 4-quart size. The stainless steel makes it silver in color; it has metal handles, and the lid is also made of stainless steel. It’s 16.8” x 13.1” x 2.4” in size and light weight as well.
- Unique domed lid that adds more space to the pan
- Stainless steel can go in the dishwasher
- Not made in the USA
- Not nonstick, so you might have to deglaze it
8. Le Creuset Toughened Nonstick 2 ½ Quart Shallow Braiser Pan with Lid
Compared to other Le Creuset braisers which are cast iron, this is made of aluminum with a stainless steel base and a black exterior. It has large metal handles on the sides and comes with a tempered glass lid with metal handle. The pan itself is oven safe up to 500°F and has a nonstick coating. It has a 2.5-quart capacity and is 13.3” x 10” x 5.8” in size.
- Doesn’t need to be seasoned like cast iron
- Sturdy construction and can go from oven to table
- The lid is only oven safe up to 325°F
- Not recommended for dishwasher use, since that can damage the coating
9. Anolon Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel 4 Quart Braiser Pan
This Anolon Nouvelle Braiser Pan has a layer of copper between two layers of 18/10 stainless steel, so it has the advantages of both metals for cooking and heat distribution. It comes with a matching stainless steel lid, and all the handles are stainless steel as well. It’s 11.5” x 11.2” x 5.6” in size, so it’s nice and deep, and it holds up to 4 quarts.
- Dishwasher safe
- Safe for induction or glass or regular stovetop and the oven
- Recommended to cook with lower temperatures to prevent scorching
- The bottom of the pot is large and might not fit smaller burner sizes
10. Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast Iron 3 ¾ Quart Round Braiser
This well-made Le Creuset Signature cast iron braiser has a nice large 3.75-quart size, comes in nine exterior colors, and has a sand-colored interior. It also comes with a matching cast iron lid. Both the knobbed lid and the pan itself can withstand oven temperatures up to 500° F. The braiser has thick cast-iron handles on both sides. It is 14.5” x 12.3” x 5.3” in size.
- Cast iron is sturdy, heavy duty, and built to last
- Very easy to clean and resistant to scorches or chips
- Expensive compared to other models
- Not dishwasher safe and must be hand-washed
Having a braiser pan can make cooking so much easier, especially during the holiday season when you’re hosting big family dinners.
If you try one of the 10 braiser pans, or have a favorite that’s not on our list, let us know in the comments!