With October fast approaching and the fall weather breezing in, I’m starting to think about some really good comfort foods and this mushroom meatloaf with gravy comes first to mind! The meatloaf is loaded with wonderful crimini mushrooms and the gravy is too. Give this recipe a try and see what you think.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups thinly sliced leeks (white and pale green parts only; 2 to 3 large
- 8 ounces thinly sliced crimini mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 1/2 cup crushed crackers (such as Ritz)
- 2 pound ground beef (20% fat)
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped shallots
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 6 cups low salt beef broth
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Gravy: Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, celery, shallots, garlic, and thyme. Saute until vegetables are soft, about 18 minutes.
Add wine and boil until reduced to glaze, about 5 minutes.
Add broth. Boil until mixture is reduced to 4 cups, about 25 minutes.
Blend butter and flour in small bowl to smooth paste. Whisk the flour paste into gravy and add cream. Continue whisking and simmer until thick, about 5 minutes. If the gravy is not thick enough, make another flour paste with 1 tablespoon flour and 2 tablespoons butter (room temperature). Whisk in the gravy until thick. Season gravy with salt and pepper.
Meatloaf: Preheat oven to 350F. Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add leeks, mushrooms, and garlic.
Saute until soft, about 10 minutes; scrape into processor. Add mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Blend until coarsely chopped; transfer to large bowl and cool.
Mix eggs and crackers crumbs into vegetables, the beef and cream.
Transfer to 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Bake meatloaf until thermometer inserted into center registers 160F, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. Let meatloaf rest 15 minutes, turn onto platter. Serve with gravy.
This delicious mushroom meatloaf and gravy is the ultimate comfort food! Enjoy!
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of November 29, 2015 8:38 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.