In honor of our friends on Moms Many Hats, we want send a special Happy Mother’s Day. We have been following each other and sharing ideas over the last few months. As all mothers ourselves, we all know we wear many hats in our day to day responsibilities. It is time to celebrate a job well done! Enjoy these ideas and have a great Mother’s Day.
So here are some family activities that you could do during Mother’s Day:
- Have a weekend getaway. If your family is one of the adventurous ones, a weekend getaway is perfect for all of you. You could go out to spend your weekend in a resort or go for some rides in an amusement park. This is a great family activity especially if there are younger members in the family.
- Picnic. A family picnic can be a great way to have a family bonding during Mother’s Day. Just the cool breeze of the wind, the fresh smell of the grass and the blue sky will keep your mother relax. By having a family picnic, you can go on a park or if you have a backyard garden then you can do it there. Having a picnic with the whole family is a great way to maintain your bonding with all the members in the family. Your mother will be surely pleased if you will be the one who will plan and prepare for the picnic, and just let her relax. After the picnic, you can play some family games. An outdoor game or just a simple board game.
- Fun at home. You don’t need to go out to enjoy this special day with your mom. Even if you just stay at home, you could still enjoy this day with her. Some of the home activities that you could do is baking or cooking, this time you can ask your mom to teach you and this is a great bonding experience for the family. You could also do some crafts and be creative.
- Lunch or dinner date with the family. If you are planning something romantic or you are on a rush in celebrating this special day. You can still make it special by making a reservation on your favorite family restaurant. At this time, you would not think of a lot of things to prepare. Just make it a surprise for your mother to make it more special.
- Have a great family experience. If your type of family is an adventurous one and a family who loves sports, then this is a great activity that you could try on this special day. Go out for a hiking, biking, camping and a lot of great outdoor activities. This is a kind of experience that you could add on your family experiences.
These are just some of the common family activities that you could do during Mother’s Day. But there are a lot of other activities that you could choose from. Even if it’s simple, what is most important is that you spend these activities with your mother and your whole family. With just a simple activity, you can make your mother happy by being there on that special day for her.